The Hakuna Onboarding Mission has been renewed (app version 2.0.0 or above). Learn about Hakuna Onboarding Mission.
1. Who can participate in Missions?
- The new Missions will be applied from version 2.0.0 and above.
- Any new user can participate in our Missions. If there is a possible mission, the Mission Menu is shown the Home tab.
- You can choose between a set of Missions for Viewers versus Hosts. Viewer Missions and Host Missions differ, but rewards are the same.
- Users who have not completed Hakuna's Onboarding Mission (app version 2.0.0 or lower) before the 2.0.0 update can restart Missions from the beginning.
*Users who have completed Hakuna's current Onboarding Mission and already received their rewards cannot participate in the new Missions.
2. How long can I participate in Missions?
- Hakuna's Missions are open for 14 days from your date of registration. If you do not complete them within the 14 days, the Missions will close and expire.
- Even if your account is suspended during the 14-day period, you will not be able to extend or delay your Mission period.
3. How do Missions work, and what counts as completion?
- Anyone can participate in Missions and receive rewards for each completed Mission.
- Upon completing all Missions (either for Viewers or Hosts), you will receive a 100% Completed reward.
- You must claim your reward to fully "complete" Missions.
4. Important Notes
- You will not be able to receive rewards if you do not complete your Missions within 14 days of registration.
- You cannot receive, claim, or request rewards once the 14 days of passed.
- Once you choose between Viewer Missions and Host Missions, you cannot switch to the other (this does not mean you are unable to host livestreams if you selected Viewer, or vice versa!)
- Some regions do not include Onboard Missions.