Introducing Hakuna's new subscription ‘Membership’!
What is Membership?
✅ Membership is a new feature in Hakuna where users can have effective and closer communication with hosts.
✅ Subscribe to your favorite host's membership to enjoy the special benefits that are only available to subscribers and grab the attention of your host!
※ The new feature is available on Android 2.7.0 & iOS 2.7.0 versions, so please update the app beforehand.
1. Subscribe to a new Membership
- By pressing on the Membership icon in Host’s Profile, Live, and Hits, users can subscribe to a new membership.
- All users and hosts can subscribe to multiple memberships simultaneously.
- Users can enjoy the Membership benefits for 30 days starting on their first day of subscription
2. Membership Benefits for Subscribers
Users can enjoy the Membership benefits for 30 days starting on their first day of subscription
- Membership-exclusive posts will be available: these posts will be shown as blurred to non-subscribers.
- Membership-exclusive badges will be available: the badge will be shown next to subscribers’ nicknames in live chats, lives, and posts.
3. Manage Membership Subscription
- Current Membership and Expired Membership can be found on the "My Profile > Settings > Membership > Subscribed Membership" page.
- Notification settings for subscribed membership can be found on the "My Profile > Settings > Notification Settings > Membership Notification" page.
4. Precaution on subscribing to a Membership
- Membership benefits are available only in spaces on subscribed hosts (live, posts) and not in spaces on other hosts.
- The 30-day membership subscription is a one-time, single product that does not automatically renew.
- When the 30-day period ends, you can purchase a 30-day subscription again to enjoy membership benefits.
- If you have a problem with your subscription benefits or the feature does not work, please contact Hakuna Help Center.
- The refund policy does not apply to purchasers who are blocked for violating Hakuna’s Terms of Service or Community Guidelines.
- If a host deletes their Hakuna account while opening their Membership, the subscribers will lose their access to the Membership and will need to get in touch with the in order to request a refund.
- If a user is suspended during the 30-day subscription due to a violation of Hakuna’s Terms of Service or Community Guidelines, the subscription will no longer be available and some features within Hakuna will be restricted including comments, live, DMs, and posts.
- For users who are blocked from following during membership subscription, the refund of the subscription will be reviewed according to Hakuna Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Membership subscriptions cannot be refunded for users whose subscriptions are restricted from violating Hakuna Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. For more information, please get in touch with the Help Center.
Membership Guide for Hosts
1. Open a new Membership
In order to open a new Membership, hosts need to fulfill 3 conditions listed below:
- Have 1,500 stars or more
- Have 30 followers or more
- at least 18 years old
Once the above conditions are met, the membership will automatically open, and the details can be found on the “My Profile > Settings > Membership > Membership Settings" page.
2. Membership Benefits for Hosts
- Hosts can earn 200 stars per 30-day subscription. Stars will be provided 30 days after the membership subscription has started.
3. Membership Management
- The setting for membership greetings and badges can be found on the "My Profile > Settings > Membership > Membership Management > Greetings / Membership Benefits" page.
- Hosts can use default or custom badges and custom badges can be uploaded up to 5 badges.
- Before submitting greetings and badges, please check Hakuna Community Guidelines and file size. If not, submissions may be declined.
4. Subscribers Management
- Hosts can manage their membership subscribers on the "My Profile > Menu > Membership > Manage Membership" page.
5. Precaution on opening a Membership
- All membership greetings and badges will be available on Hakuna once the submissions have gone through our moderation review. Please follow our Hakuna Community Guidelines beforehand.
- The 30-day membership subscription is a one-time, single-shot product that does not automatically renew. 200 stars benefit will be provided 30 days after the new subscriber has joined.
- If our Hakuna team determines that a host’s membership has violated Hakuna Terms of Service or Community Guidelines, their Hakuna services and Membership rights may be restricted or suspended without prior warning.
- If a host blocks a subscriber, the subscriber's membership benefits will be restricted and the host is responsible for proof of the reason for the blocking (such as screen capture in the app). There may be deductions to previously provided star benefits and additional sanctions.
- If the host deletes their Hakuna account, their Membership service will be closed immediately. To restart the Membership, please contact the .
- The minimum age requirement for Membership opening is listed below. Minors are prohibited from opening their own membership.
- Korea: 19 years old
- Japan: 18 years old
- MENA: 18 years old